In order to carry out the different themes of research, our group use the IPGP geobiology platform.
The group GAP also benefits from access to equipment at IPGP or the University Paris Diderot. Available techniques include:
- X-ray diffractometer (XRD)
- Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopes (SEM and TEM)
- Focused Ion Beam for preparation of extremely thin sample slides (Zeiss Crossbeam Auriga FIB-SEM)
Several members of our group use synchrotron radiation-based techniques for their studies in particular at SOLEIL (Saint Aubin, France).
Applications that are commonly used include:
- X-ray microfluorescence (SR-XRF)
- Adsorption spectrometry (XAS, XANES)
We are also involved in the development of new beamline applications at SOLEIL.
The research of several members in our group further makes use of additional high resolution techniques (including SIMS/NanoSIMS and SEM-FEG).