IPGP - Bureau 331 - 1 rue Jussieu - 75238 Paris cedex 05
Oceane is currently invited at IPGP Marine Geosciences Team. She is working at Ifremer, Brest on passive tomography beneath Mayotte volcanic ridge. Her research focus on understanding under-sea structures responsible to high level of seismic hazard (subductions, volcanoes), their interaction with their environment (bathymetric reliefs, fluid interactions, earthquake types etc.) and how they shape it. She adopt a seismological point of view by using tomography, receiver functions, and earthquake hypocenter spatiotemporal variations.
AWARD AND HONORS
*2017: International Mobility Scholarship
for a Visiting Research Programme at VMGD (Vanuatu Meteorology & Geo-Hazard Department), Port Vila, Vanuatu.
* 2015: Doctoral Felloship
for a 3 years Doctoral Programme at IPGP issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, France.
* 2015: Research and Practical Training Program Fellowship
for a 2 months research internship at Academia Sinica, Taipe, Taiwan.
* 2012: ERASMUS
for a 1 BSc. year at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
* Scientific Publications
Gautier, S.; Tiberi, C.; Lopez, M.; Foix, O.; Lallemand, S.; Theunissen, T.; Hwang, C.; Chang, E.; (2019) “Detailed lithospheric structure of an arc-continent collision beneath Taiwan revealed by joint inversion of seismological and gravity data”, Geophysical Journal International, ggz159, https://doi.org/10.1093/gji/ggz159
Foix, O.; (December 2018) “Structure et dynamique de la subduction centrale du Vanuatu”, Ph.D. Thesis, 250p, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, Paris, France.
Foix, O.; Crawford, W.C.; Koulakov, I.; Baillard, C.; Régnier, M.; Pelletier, B. and Garaebiti, E. (2019) “3-D velocity models and seismicity highlight forearc deformation due to subduction features (Central Vanuatu)”, Journal of Geophysical Research, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018JB016861
Workshop Vanuatu, Géoazur, Sophia-Antipolis, Valbonne, France: « Structure beneath the Central Vanuatu subduction through locale passive tomography and receiver function studies », O. Foix, W.C. Crawford, M. Régnier, A. Galvé, I. Koulakov, C. Baillard, B. Pelletier, E. Garaebiti
* 2015-2019 Ph.D., Earth and Environmental Sciences, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (FR). "Structure and dynamic of the central Vanuatu subduction zone". Supervisor : Wayne Crawford. Co-Supervisor : Pascal Bernard
* 2013-2015: MSc. in Earth Dynamic and Natural Hazard, Géosciences Montpellier, Université Montpellier 2, France (Rank: 2° - Earth Dynamic orientation)
* 2012-2013: BSc. ERASMUS year in Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
* 2010-2013: BSc. in Earth and Envirenmental Sciences, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
* 2010-2016: Various field trips including cartography, sedimentology, active tectonic, geomorphology, metamorphic and magmatic petrology etc. in the French Massif Central, Corsica, Italian Apennins
TEACHING AND VULGARIZATION
* 2016-2018: Teaching assistant at the Université Paris Diderot (Paris 7):
Basin and Relief Deformation, for bachelor’s degree classes
MOOC “Our Earth planet”, with Alexandre Fournier. To be published online
MOOC “Physical volcanology”, with Edouard Kaminski. 2 sessions
"Cordée de la réussite" for high school students (scientific tutoring)
* 2015-2020: Scientific vulgarization
Geohazard seminar, Port-Vila, Efate, Vanuatu: « Three-dimensional structure and seismicity beneath the Central Vanuatu subduction zone », O. Foix, W.C. Crawford, I. Koulakov, B. Pelletier, M. Régnier, E. Garaebiti (2017)
Participation to the French event “Fête de la Science” (2016)
Hatha Yoga, Climbing (fr: 6a, en: 5a), Krav Maga (Green belt)