3. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
4. FOR MORE INFORMATION
5. MASTER PARTNERS
6. THE PARIS EXPLORATION GEOPHYSICS GROUP: GPX
8. MASTER STUDENTS 2012-2013
9. GPX Ph.D. PROJECTS - 2013
- The new Master’s course is for one year, from September to June. It will consist of the courses taught in the Fall Term, between September and December, and six months of research, January-June. The research project will be carried out at IPGP and partner institutions as well as in industry. The objective of this Master course is to train top-level exploration geophysicists, who will go-on to carry out research either in academia (Ph.D.) or in industry. Several Ph.D. fellowships will be available for the graduating students.
- The courses will be taught by internationally renowned professors who are actively engaged in research from IPGP, Mines ParisTech, Shell, CGGVeritas and Schlumberger. The teaching will be in English.
- Minimum four years of undergraduate/master’s degree either in mathematics/physics/geophysics, or engineering with a strong interest in computing and fluency in English.
- Send a CV with a letter of application to Ms Marie Dominique Rocheron (email@example.com, phone +33 1 8395 7779), Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 1 rue Jussieu, 75238 Paris, France. Please request two referees to send recommendation letters directly to the above address. Deadline for application is:
- February 28, 2014 for foreigners outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
- May 15, 2014 for members of the EEA (European Economic Area) and French students.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- IPGP, Université Paris Diderot Paris 7, Sorbonne Paris Cité, CNRS, Mines ParisTech, Total, CGG Veritas, Schlumberger.
THE PARIS EXPLORATION GEOPHYSICS GROUP : GPX
More informations here
MASTER STUDENTS 2012-2013
- Ilaria Barone - Master degree in Environmental Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy. Professional Practice Examination at Politecnico di Torino as Engineer.
- Yves-Marie Batany - Master degree in Remote Sensing and Spatial Techniques, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris.
- Alexis Bottero - Master degree in Geophysics and Meteorology, Universidad Computense de Madrid, Spain. Master degree in Physics, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan, France.
- Prattya Datta - Petroleum Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India. B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Jadavpur University, India.
- Angelina Egorova - Master degree in Geology, Novosibirsk State University, Russia. B.Sc. in Geology, Novosibirsk State University.
- Mahesh Kalita - Master degree in Applied Geophysics, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India. B.Sc. in Physics, University of Delhi, India.
- Sophie Monnier - Ecole Politechnique, Palaiseau, France.
- Bence Papp - B.Sc. in Earth Sciences and Engineering, University of Miskolc, Hungary.
- Thibault Perol - Master degree in Solid Earth Sciences, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France. Visiting Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge, USA.
- Siddharth Sharma - Master degree in Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research, Kolkata, India.
GPX Ph.D. PROJECTS - 2013
- 4 - Stereo-Wave Tomography
- Advisor: Daniela Donno
- Second Advisor/ Supervisor: Hervé Chauris
- Host lab/ Team : GPX, Mines
- Financing: GPX/IPGP/Industry