Associate Professor of Geochemistry /
Maître de Conférences de l'Université Paris 7
Born June, 23rd 1977, in Vincennes (France)
- 2015 : H.D.R., Geochemistry, University Paris Diderot
- 2004 : Ph.D., Geochemistry, University Paris 7
- 2000 : M. Sc., Earth and Planetary Sciences, University Paris 7
- 1998 : B.Sc., Life and Natural Sciences, University Paris 7
- Geochemical behaviours of fluid-mobile elements during alteration and subduction of oceanic crust
- Stable isotopes (Fe, C, N, O, H) as tracers of life-rock-fluid interactions
- Reconstruction of ancient environments and ecosystems from the geological rock record
- Nitrogen geodynamic cycle: exchanges between Earth mantle and exosphere over geological time
- Clean laboratory techniques
- Multi-collector inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (MC-ICP-MS)
- Vacuum techniques
- IRMS (gas source): dynamic and static vacuum mass spectrometry
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- Petrology and Electron Microprobe
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND SERVICES
- Member of the European Association of Geochemistry (EAG)
- Member of the SYSTER scientific committee of the Institut National des Sciences de l'Univers (since 2016)
- Director of the Licence (L1-L2-L3) of Earth Sciences, University Paris Diderot (since 2015)
- Director of the Licence L1 of Earth Sciences, University Paris Diderot (2007-2015).
- Director of the Licence L2 of Earth Sciences, University Paris Diderot (2006-2007).
- Member of the administrative council at the department of Earth Sciences, University Paris Diderot (since 2009)
- Member of the administrative council of the department for Sciences and Technology, University of Paris Diderot (since 2007)
- President of the jury of Licence exams, University Paris Diderot (since 2015)
- Vice-president of the jury of Licence exams, University Paris Diderot (2007-2015)
- President of the PhD thesis monitoring committee of Vincent Milesi (2012-2015) – "Deep hydrocarbon gas generation in relation with the redox conditions of sedimentary rocks. The role of H2" (IPGP thesis, Paris)
- Member of the PhD thesis monitoring committee of Pauline Henry (2012-2015) – "Alteration of oceanic crust by microbial communities in hydrothermal sources: spatial and time variations" (IPGP thesis, Paris)
- Member of the PhD committee of Adrien Déjeant (June 2014) – "Reactivity of mine tailings after storage: impact on the uranium speciation (Cominak uranium mine, Niger)" (IMPMC thesis, Paris)
- Member of the selection committee for an associate professor position at University Jean Monnet, Saint-Etienne (Mai 2014)
- Member of the PhD committee of Thomas Breton (november 2014) – "Tungstene isotopes - New applications for the study of terrestrial and asteroidal processes" (IRAP thesis, Toulouse)
- Member of the PhD thesis monitoring committee of Sarah Rivas (since 2015) – "Microbial molecular processes involved in the phosphorus biogeochemical cycle of the water column in Lac Pavin (Massif Central, France)" (UPMC thesis, Paris)
- Member of the PhD thesis monitoring committee of Tom Caquineau (since 2015) – "Chronology of atmospheric oxygenation and link to glacial periods" (IPGP thesis, Paris)
FORMATION AND TEACHING
- Teaching mainly Earth Sciences, chemistry, geochemistry, geology, mineralogy and petrology to various levels (mainly in Licence)
- Organizing and supervising field trips to the French Massif Central
- Articles in international scientific journals: Nature Geosciences, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Chemical Geology, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, Geochemical Journal
- Proposals for national or international founding agencies: INSU (Institut National des Sciences de l’Univers), ANR (Agence Nationale de la Recherche), NSF (National Science Foundation, USA)
M.Sc. and B.Sc. supervision
- Chen Cheng (since 2014) – "Biogeochemical cycling of C and N in Precambrian environments". Joint supervision with Fenghua Zhao (Prof. China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing)
- Matthieu Amor (2011-2015) – "Tracing magnetotactic bacteria in the sedimentary record". Joint supervision with François Guyot (Prof. IPGP)
- Oanez Lebeau (2010-2014) – "Carbon and nitrogen biogeochemical cycles in Lake Pavin, from water column to sediments ". Joint supervision with Magali Ader (Prof. IPGP)
- Shoma Okuwa (M.Sc., 2016) – "Development of a protocol for the separation of magnetite in Precambrian Banded Iron Formation"
- Florentin Lemonnier (M.Sc., 2014) – "Origin of siderite in lac Pavin sediments: new insight from carbon and oxygen isotope compositions "
- Florentin Lemonnier (B.Sc., 2013) – "Petrology and geochemistry of sulfides in metapelites from subduction zones "
- Damian Walver (B.Sc., 2012) – "Fate of the sedimentary organic carbon in subduction zones: a study of Alpine metamorphic rocks "
- Oanez Lebeau (M.Sc., 2009) – Reconstructing paleo-environments 2.5 Ga ago: carbon isotopes systematic in the Brockman Iron Formation Supersequence (Hamersley, Australia). Joint supervision with Magali Ader (Pr. IPGP)
- Alexandre Le (B.Sc., 2009) – "Intercalibration of nitrogen concentration measurements in micas by FTIR spectrometry and electron microprobe techniques "
- Sylvain Pasquet et Antoine Chevalier (B.Sc., 2008) – "Iron isotopes study of the basalts from Lake Pavin crater "
- Célia Garonne (M.Sc., 2007) – "Tracing Precambrian ocean oxygenation using nitrogen isotopes ". Joint supervision with Magali Ader (Pr. IPGP)
Main national collaborations
Dr. Adélie Delcour, University Jean-Monnet, Saint-Etienne (serpentinization processes); Dr. Karim Benzerara, IMPMC Paris (biomineralogy); Pr. Pascal Philippot, IPGP (petrology and geochemistry of Archean rocks); Dr. Emilie Thomassot, CRPG Nancy (sulfur geochemistry); Dr. Pierre SansJoffre, University of Brest (paleo-environments); Dr. Stefan Lalonde, University of Brest (biogeochemical modeling and experiments); Dr. Didier Jézéquel, University of Paris Diderot (limnology); Pr. François Guyot, National Musueum of Natural History, Paris (mineralogy); Dr. Wafa Abouchami, IPGP (ocean biogeochemistry)
Main international collaborations
Pr. Timothy Lyons, University of California Riverside, USA. (biogeochemistry); Dr. Andrey Bekker, University of Manitoba, Canada. (Precambrian geology and geochemistry); Pr. Nicolas Dauphas, Univeristy of Chicago, USA (geochemistry); Pr. Daniele Pinti, University of Quebec in Montreal, Canada (nitrogen biogeochemical cycle); Dr. Noah Planavsky, Yale University, USA (Precambrian biogeochemistry); Pr. Damon Teagle, University of Southampton, England, Dr. Svetlana Shilobreeva, Vernadsky Institute, Moscow, Russia, and Pr. Jeffrey C. Alt, University of Michigan, USA (oceanic crust alteration processes); Pr. JiuBin Chen, Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guiyang, China (environmental geochemistry).