(Last updated : December 2020)
- since oct. 2007 : Chargée de Recherche (CNRS) at Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (France)
- 2006-2007 : Post-doctoral fellow at Géosciences Rennes (France) in collaboration with J. Braun (Géosciences Rennes).
- 2002-2005 – PhD (IPGP, Paris)): « Crustal deformation and thermal evolution of a collisional orogen : example of Taiwan ». Realized at CalTech (USA). Advisor: JP Avouac (Caltech).
- 2002 - DEA (Master) Physics and Internal Geodynamics ENS - Univ. ParisXI
- 1999-2004 : Student at ENS Paris
- Kinematics of deformation of mountain ranges, over different time and space scales : from the seismic cycle to long-term (ie over Myr) deformation.
- Geomorphology and active tectonics: how do rivers respond to active deformation ? How is this deformation recorded in the landscape?
- Interactions between tectonics and surface processes
- Seismic hazards
My research is essentially based on the morphological analysis of active tectonics, at an intermediate time scale (~1s kyr to ~100s kyr), and aims at linking this deformation to long-term tectonics or to the seismic cycle, by integrating results from other disciplines (structural geology, petrology, thermochronology, sedimentology, geomorphology, Quaternary dating, seismology, geodesy, etc).
- Kinematics of deformation of the Western Kunlun mountain range (Xinjiang, China) over variable spatial and temporal scales, and implications for regional seismic hazards.
(PhD project Christelle Guilbaud - defended - and Post-Doctoral fellow Guillaume Baby)
=> currently looking for a post-doc fellow on seismo-tectonics and space geodesy (click here if interest!)
Funded by ANR (SLOWDEF project - grant ANR-18-CE31-0008)
- Structural architecture and mountain-building of the Central Andes (Chili).
(PhD project of Magali Riesner - defended - , and with PhD student Tania Habel)
- Geomorphology and active deformation of the Himalayas (Bhutan).
(in collaboration with PhD student Timothée Sassolas - Serrayet from GéosciencesMontpellier)
- Active deformation and mountain-building of the Taiwan range.
Follow the link for the complete list : publications
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Martine_Simoes
Research Id : https://publons.com/researcher/2808812/martine-simoes/