Terms of access to S-CAPAD
Use of the Lenovo cluster can be granted only upon receipt of the cluster account opening request form; with declaration of having read and complied with the Charter of Good Use of Computer Resources.
After validation by the scientific head of S-CAPAD, the user will receive a confirmation email with the instructions to access the cluster and its documentation.
Access to S-CAPAD from outside
Users must first have an account on the cluster before applying for an account on the firewall.
This procedure uses java, and it’s supposed to work with all browsers.
Access to the S-CAPAD resources from outside IPGP is done by log in the firewall (https://fw.ipgp.fr) where users must have an account. If it’s not the case,
- IPGP members should consult the documentation in the
- others must complete and send by mail the firewall account opening request form.
Once connected on the firewall, click on “Open secure access in an application” to get a .jnlp file.
(java can be retrieved here).
Once you get a list of hosts including stella (and stellagpu01), you’ll be able to access the cluster from a terminal (or PuTTY), typing:
ssh your_login_on_stella@localhost -p 11258
To transfer files from your local computer to/from the cluster:
scp -P 11258 file your_login_on_stella@localhost://path_on_stella
scp -P 11258 your_login_on_stella@localhost://path_on_stella/file .
When using the Lenovo/DANTE clusterThe project manager and / or the user agree(s) to:
- Provide a scientific report on request.
- Mention the use of resources and the S-CAPAD/DANTE support in all project-related publications: Numerical computations were performed on the S-CAPAD/DANTE platform, IPGP, France. If only part of the calculations were performed on S-CAPAD: Numerical computations were partly performed on the S-CAPAD/DANTE platform, IPGP, France.
- Provide a copy of all publications submitted and / or accepted so that they appear under publications of S-CAPAD.